Avoid these Seven Deadly Sins of Interviewing - it's an excellent list.
You'll be surprised how often they are overlooked. They make the difference between being hired and continued unemployment.
The keys to getting hired are to prepare well for the interview:
- Learn all you can about the company
- Express genuine enthusiasm about working there
- Don't be the first to talk about money
- Be kind, gracious and polite
- Dress professionally
- Talk about how well you will fit in the job
- Present a positive, polished, professional mental attitude